Sunday, November 18, 2007

Found poetry

What do you guys think of found poetry? I'm skeptical about most of it, because I don't think it can stand on its own without some crafting. I'm fine with using found grocery lists in Kroger shopping carts and flirtations written on receipts and five dollar bills as inspiration for something, but I don't know how often these things function as poems on their own.

Still, this one is funny and inspiring. It sort of reminds me of something I found Friday night at the Restaurant of Unconscious Fork Dropping: A shopping list written in an unsteady hand with on two items listed--pads and denture cleanser. It was paper clipped to a torn off opening flap for Equate denture cleanser.

My mind is still circling around exactly what kind of pads the denture-wearing mystery shopper intends to buy. Maxi? Heating? Oxy? This is just what I need, another distraction.


Now, back to Macbeth!

No comments: