Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Still Kicking Around

I didn't die, y'all. Though that bout of the flu I had over Spring Break almost did me in. I just went on hiatus while I wrote a Masters Thesis, a collection of poems with a critical introduction called "Parts of A Man." There are body parts and speaking parts and car parts and hair parts all throughout. Rereading it this morning, I think it's about as good as it's gonna get by Friday. And I'm pleased with it.

Now I'm buried under a slough of papers and quizzes to grade. My kiddos are staring me down with fervor each time I walk into the classroom.

All I do is write and teach and grade and watch the local news, it seems. It's official, y'all. I've become a boring adult.

Anybody up for Yatzee and bed by 8:30?

4 comments:

Monda said...

Good to have you back! Sounds like you've been busy.

Candance said...

You are such a grown-up!! Glad to know you're still alive and kicking!

Laura said...

A new post! I am so excited. I am sure you are happy that your thesis is done (or as done as it is going to get ;>).

Anonymous said...

nothing wrong with getting older Tim. Work and house chores are about all I accomplish these days as well.