Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tim Sisk is a poet

In true narcissistic fashion, I Googled myself and found another poet Tim Sisk out there. You can read his work here. I'm particularly fond of his piece "The Failed Project of Friendship" seeing as how I'm teaching a class on the topic, it's a research interest of mine (particularly gender and friendship, gay men's friendship, and friendship in literature), and I don't think my friendship projects have failed, interpersonally, academically, or otherwise.

Take note of his rhyme scheme and over-wrought tone. I feel you, emotive Tim Sisk, though I hope I'm a better poet that you are. But hey, you're fighting the good fight, writing what you have to, making sense of the world. Isn't that our project as writers?

Google yourselves and see what interesting bits you find!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tim,
You are a poet. You should blog about your teaching, too.

Sans said...

I agree with Laura. I know you're around since I saw you two Thursdays ago at the Leadership Team meeting. Blog! (Of course, I should be saying the same thing to myself, but...whatever.)