Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sexying it up

I don't write too much sexy stuff, but I think I'm going to start churning out some more, just to see what happens. For a while there, I was throwing God around in my poems, really for no other reason than to see what weight she could bring. She did wonders for some and befuddled a few, kind of like how the whole God mythos plays out in real life. I figured I'd give her a rest with all the earthquakes in China and the Democratic race.

Let's see what happens when I throw sex--particularly penetration--around. Let me know what you think, and feel free to suggest line edits, a new title, online dating, or deep spiritual guidance.


The Osmosis of Desire

My body contains many stories,
A refrigerated trailer truckload of mythos.
The language of my body
Sung out in eruptions,
Gastric juices,
Chemical reactions,
Pit sweat and heart palpitations.
I do not write new myths of longing.
I am not the first to want things I don't have
But I admit to it,
The osmosis of desire,
Longing at the molecular level.

This is what I talk about when I talk about love:
Parts of you in me,
Plasma united, cell walls suctioned,
A strand of your hair in my mouth.
I bathed with a lover's soap weeks after he'd gone,
Switched to his cologne,
Hoping pieces of his body would be sucked up by mine.
Oh, penetration.

Now, you,
I love your sleek jawline and understated laugh,
Like bluebird wing flaps.
I can make you smile,
Make the muscles in your face maneuver beneath your skin
Inside you, a piece of me,
My wit, desire down past the tissues,
Soaked through the skull.
Me shot through your brain.
Deeply, I affect you.





3 comments:

Laura said...

I just want to say that when I tried to read this post, America's Most Wanted web site opened. Why? you may well ask? Well, that is of course, my own fault for installing CyberSitter to keep my son from installing spyware all over my computer.

But still. You are now profane. Officially. ; )

And I am pretty sure that does not make you sad.

Tim Sisk said...

Are you kidding me! I'm gleefully excited. I've always wanted to be profane, but in a tasteful way. Does this poem do it?

Laura said...

Tastefully? And you would ask me?

No, it is not particularly tasteful. You say the word "penetration" for god's sake.

But, I know little about modern poetry, and arguably, less about taste. So there you go.

Parts of this, I really like though. I really like this line "My body contains many stories," and I like this part "This is what I talk about when I talk about love:/
Parts of you in me,/
Plasma united, cell walls suctioned,/
A strand of your hair in my mouth." (except the plasma bit; that seems to shift... audience? tone?).