Sunday, July 27, 2008

What I Was Going To Write

I was going to write about how I've been depressed the last couple of days, as this has been The Weekend of Goodbyes.

I was going to tell you all how quickly people come and go in graduate school. How some of my closest friends in Knoxville all decided to play the cruel trick of making me love them and then leaving, all of them in the same week.

I was going to tell you how much I will miss Ashley, his random text messages about country songs and Miley Cyrus. His super cool dog, Mercutio.

And Becca, the nicest person I've ever met, my favorite party hopping mate, my friend.

And Emily, the nicest Ohioan, the gentlest soul I've found.

But I was walking today on the nature trail, and a little blond boy on training wheels looked up at me, smiled and said, "It's a beautiful day today."

It is. My summer's been full of beautiful days because of my beautiful friends, and I wish them the best of luck.

Only three weeks of summer left, then I go into Mr. Sisk mode for nine full months. I'm scared and excited.

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

To all my buddies moving on to bigger and better things, good luck. I will think of you often.
To all my students (all 46 of them!) entering my classroom door in August, welcome to college, y'all!

1 comment:

Monda said...

Good God. That looks just like you.