Saturday, September 15, 2007

Loving myself enough to move on

I've had a wonderful day. The weather's been cool in Knoxville the past few days, in the low 70s. Today, I slept late and walked to the farmer's market across the street. I bought some carrots and a butternut squash I have no idea how to prepare. But I'll figure something out. Then I went hiking with Lynsey from Memphis and Jenny from West Virgina. Afterwards we had pizza and calzones on the strip and wound up at a biker rally in World's Fair Park. Lynsey and I treated Jenny to her first Sonic experience (they don't have Sonic is WV!) and then I spent the evening swilling pumpkin beers with Jenny and talking about life. No homework was done, but hey, that's why god invented Sundays, right?

Knoxville is feeling more like home to me, and I'm grateful for it. I miss my UCA friends, but I'm glad that I'm making friends and creating a life for myself here. I think I can do this grad school thing. Hell, I even made a B+ on my first grad school assignment. That's not too bad, right?

I hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday!

P.S.--I'm seeing Rilo Kiley in Asheville, NC in two weeks!!

No comments: