Monday, October 8, 2007

Midterms

Whew. I just finished my midterm for "The Age of Milton" (and wound up not writing about Milton at all, coincidentally), and just in the nick of time. The professor gave us a take home exam and told us not to let it take over our weekends. He said we should be able to finish in two hours of sustained writing. Boy was he wrong. All together, I spent roughly 7 hours completing the 10 page essay exam. Granted that wasn't 7 sustained hours, but time spent re-reading, writing, revising, writing, and revising some more. I'm beat. I pray these next three days will pass quickly and painlessly.

I had a tough weekend. On top of being extremely busy, I was wretchedly ill on Saturday. I couldn't get out of bed until 4 p.m. Needless to say, nothing got done that day. I also fear I've upset my good friend Mike. I live in constant fear that I've upset someone. I need to get some self-worth and realize it's okay if people are mad at me, because they will eventually get over it. Let me know if any of you are selling and self-worth, preferably cheap.

I'm driving home overnight Wednesday. My car has been giving me trouble* so I hope it doesn't break down. I'm excited to see my family and my friends and eat at lots of restaurants. Every time my brother or I come home, my parents treat it like a celebration and take us out to eat many, many times. Yay food.

Here's to hoping everyone has a good Monday.


*My car cranks just fine but when I put it in gear (automatic transmission), it sometimes goes dead. This happens most often when I shift from Park to Reverse on a cold start. It also sputters and sometimes dies when I'm stopped at traffic lights. These sputterings only occur after a cold start. Any mechanics have a diagnosis?

2 comments:

Laura said...

I would get someone to look at your transmission... just had one done & your symptoms sound familiar...

And the best way to take a test in Milton is to not write about Milton :-)

Those tests always take me longer then they say allow for, too.

And don't worry so much about what people think. They think what they think. ::shrug:: You think what you think. Most times, I like your version better.

Joshua Robbins said...

Yeah, that's the transmission. You should get that checked ASAP and make sure you have a cell phone in case you get stranded. I'm a big advocate of AAA as well. It's so worth it. $90 a year and all that "free" roadside assistance. It pays for itself.

Oh, I made some good sausage gravy too for the biscuits. Are you a fan of that too? Luckily the stress of a PhD + a lack of sleep + pot after pot of coffee keeps my weight down, but I could see, if I keep this up, the biscuits becoming a problem.

Drive home safely. We should do something some time after Fall Break.