Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Huckabee, Taco Bell, and Turning 23 (not Japanese)

Apparently Mike Huckabee likes his Taco Bell. Or used to, before he went on the mysterious Atkins-meets-South Beach-meets-crystal meth diet. (I jest). Seriously, though, I appreciate him for cleaning up public school cafeterias (on paper, at least) in Arkansas, but I've heard some horror stories from teacher friends about the slim pickings their students are fed in Bigelow, Atkins, and Scranton (two hot dogs and canned peaches!) after Huckabee's "slim down Arkansas quick" campaign.

Anyway, seems like one reporter found a whole heap of reasons to confirm what I've been screaming for months now, Huckabee is not like you, nor does he care very much about your kind. So it's yellow journalism. Still interesting to read.

In another, completely unrelated note, I am turning 23 (I think I'm turning 23, I think I'm turning 23, I really think so!) on Friday. Brace yourselves for a completely self-indulgent post about all the great things I've done in 23 years, perhaps supplemented by photos of the previous night's outings (Thursday night the birthday celebration is going down because it's .75 cent PBR night at the Mellow Mushroom). I warned you.

No comments: