Friday, January 11, 2008

Off-beat Survey from Wordamour

On my bedside table:
Robert Hass, Time and Materials
Philip Pullman, The Subtle Knife (Put The Golden Compass on your reading list, btw. Stunning)
Oxford American 2007 Music Issue

Latest interests:
theatre reviews in The New Yorker
adolescent literature
cardigan sweaters
movie/musical soundtracks

On my mind:
vegetarian lasagna
Grad Students In English Karaoke night
SAT preparation guides

Learning:
Modern American drama
how to write the world's greatest poem
the subtle intricacies of UT's Blackboard system

Making:
A name for myself in the world of letters, hopefully. (I sent out a slough of my poems...for the first time ever)
Memories to last a lifetime

Looking forward to:
The Golden Compass movie with Laura
Karaoke with grad students
sleeping in tomorrow morning

Enjoying:
some down time after a busy week
iced tea, sweetened
my over-stuffed blue sofa

Amused by:
Freshman essays on social revolution
back-sliding vegetarians and vegans (and I know plenty)
silly tattoos (My friend Lena has a dino maze on her side!)

2 comments:

Joshua Robbins said...

Add one more back-slidden vegan. In South Carolina over break I ate a pork chop--the best pork chop I've ever had.

Where'd you send to?

Keep me posted on them.

So much going on...will we ever get that coffee/drink? Blame me.

Tim Sisk said...

I am always down for a drink with you, Josh Robbins. Just let me know when you are free.