Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love is a mix tape

My friend Katherine decided that I was going to be her valentine since her boyfriend is studying abroad in England. Last year, my friend Abby decided I'd be her valentine because she did not have a boyfriend. I gave Abby candy. I made Katherine a mix tape, er, c.d.

If you're thinking "Poor Tim. Always the bride's maid, never the bride," or something similar, I feel ya. I'm a pitiably safe valentine, sure to make any girl's mix tape romance fantasies come true without the incentive of sexual repayment looming like a purple giraffe (because pink elephant is so cliche) in the living room.

But I'm not unhappy, and I don't need pity. I do what I can get to chocolate and affection.

Besides, St. Patrick's Day is so much more interesting that Valentine's Day.


In other news, I'll be reading at the Choc-Lit poetry reading along with the members of my workshop at Carpe Librum bookstore tonight from 5:30-6:30. Monda and Steph, teleport in for the event. Or, if y'all have hot dates, just know Tim Sisk is making you proud in the long, skinny state of Tennessee.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Monda said...

I'm just SICK that I can't be there to hear. I'm trying awfully hard to teleport even now.

Good luck, you!And send us copies of what you read.