Saturday, February 16, 2008

Smile at yourself in the mirror

'Least that's what the foil wrapper of my Dove dark chocolate advised. So I did. And you know what? I look so much more attractive when I smile. I bet you do, too.

It's a beautiful day in Knoxville, and paper-due-on Monday be damned, I'm going to play til dark. I've already played with my blog. I decided it needed to lighten up, because it was really becoming a drag. Note my new picture. They are Czech vintage glass buttons. Cute, right? I'm in an owl phase. Muffy gave me an antique owl iron trivet last weekend. It looks just like this one. And we can't forget Conway, the little owl tattooed on my left (your right) shoulder. He's too much fun.

But I don't know about these owls--


6 comments:

Monda said...

Nice design!

Does your mother know you have a tattoo?

Tim Sisk said...

Yes, my mother knows I have two tattoos. She's fine with it since she has a tattoo, too. I went with her when she got it. We're a little trashy, Monda.

StephanieV said...

Oh, phew! When I saw that "Bookspaz," wasn't in the B's of my subs, I was crushed. I'm glad you just moved!

I lovelovelove the owls.

Nice new blog. Steph

StephanieV said...

RE: Your comments on Wordamour:

As I recall, your groups poster was pretty good, I just can't remember what it was.

RE: Grant Writing
But, once it’s done, I can add to my vita that I’m familiar with grant writing, and I bet that will look really good down the road somewhere.

Amen!!! This is one of the wisest things you may do. I started grant writing in grad school too. Just remember, give them what they're asking for!
Steph

Unknown said...

I tagged you over on my side of the tracks. You're always interesting, so I thought I might try to rope you into it.

Michelle Underwood said...

What a fantastically sexist ad!

And why is that woman wearing so much make-up if she just got out of the shower?